Fleet and Workshop Supervisor
Paroo Shire Council
Paroo Shire Council is currently seeking suitable candidates for the role of Fleet and Workshop Supervisor.
Reporting directly to the Director of Infrastructure, the Fleet and Workshop Supervisor is responsible for the ongoing professional performance of Council’s Fleet, Workshop and associated assets (including personnel) through responsible, resourceful and safe leadership of all resources and operations. The Fleet & Workshop Supervisor is also responsible for ensuring Council’s Fleet (plant & equipment) and Workshop facilities provide a high level of support to the Infrastructure Department and other Council operations, while achieving Council’s Fleet utilisation and revenue targets.
The Fleet and Workshop Supervisor is responsible for:
- Manage Council’s Fleet (plant & equipment), Workshop facilities and personnel; and, apply recognised risk management principles to ensure that Council’s Fleet is maintained to a high standard.
- Provide efficient and effective operations, processes, record keeping and support through liaising closely with other teams within the Infrastructure Department and Council, as appropriate.
- Undertake regular reviews of revenue and operational costs and inform the Director of Infrastructure of progress, budgetary impacts and quality of operations.
- Develop, monitor and review Fleet and Workshop policies and procedures, and documentation, to ensure that the operations meet legislative and organisational requirements.
- Develop/maintain the plant and equipment’s preventative maintenance and repair program
To apply for this role:
- Review the position description available at paroo.qld.gov.au/employment or pick up from the Front Counter at the Council Depot on Broad Street, Cunnamulla
- Provide a brief cover letter (1-2 pages) outlining your motivation for applying for this role and the skills and experience that you will bring to the role
- Send your cover letter plus your current resume to email@example.com
- For further information please contact Council on (07) 4655 8400
Applications close: COB Friday 30 April 2021
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: