Community Support Officer– Full Time to 09/2023
Paroo Shire Council
The Community Services Officer is an essential link for providing guidance and information to individuals, families, community groups and service providers about relevant social issues impacting our community. You will encourage community participation in identifying appropriate solutions and ensuring that support services are delivered to meet the community’s needs. As a representative of Council, professionalism and the provision of courteous customer service is essential.
Community Support Officer is responsible for:
- Plan and coordinate workshops within the public space with various clients.
- Assist in researching for Grants to support programs and work with other Council areas on Grant preparation.
- Develop networks with government and non-government agencies in the Paroo Shire Local Government Area.
- Prepare applications and reports as required inline with funding, compliance and Council requirements.
- Provide information relating to activities, outcomes and emerging issues, to the Team Leader on a monthly basis for inclusion into Council meetings.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: