Teacher - Primary And Secondary Arts In Practice - Cloncurry State School (P-12)
QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
Cloncurry State School (P-12)
Cloncurry State School (P-12) is currently seeking a passionate and engaging Art teacher to join their dedicated team delivering curriculum from Year 5 up to Year 12 students. Applicants with the capability to teach in both Primary and Secondary sectors is highly regarded. The successful applicant may be eligible for relocation assistance, departmental accommodation (upon application) and generous financial incentives. If you are ready to start your outback teaching adventure in North West Queensland, apply now!
Position status Fixed Term Temporary
Position type Full-time
Occupational group Education & Training
Workplace Location North West Qld
Job ad reference QLD/NQR369502/21
Closing date 15-Apr-2021
Yearly salary $63350 - $95356
Fortnightly salary $2428.20 - $3655.00
Job duration Commence 12 July 2021 until 3 December 2021
Contact person Carole Boatwright, Principal
Contact details Ph: (07) 4742 8333 | Em: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access the National Relay Service
Cloncurry sits at the junction of the Matilda Highway and Flinders Highway, nestled on the banks of the Cloncurry River. "The Curry", as it is affectionately known by locals, is 120km east of Mount Isa and 400km south of the Gulf of Carpentaria. Recognised as the friendly heart of the great North West, Queensland's Friendliest Town 2013 invites you to experience our warm hospitality for yourself!
Cloncurry State School is a proud P-12 school at the heart of this outback town, both geographically and socially. Students can get involved in extra-curricular activities like sports competitions, art expos, instrumental music, learn a new language and more, or even start a school-based apprenticeship! Life is never boring in "the Curry"!
This is an incredible opportunity to work with remarkable kids in a beautiful place.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A genuine passion for teaching
- The resilience to work in a small community and a yearning to make a difference to learning outcomes
- The agility to teach outside your subject area and willingness to stretch yourself professionally
- A dedication to providing effective learning programs, and an understanding of teaching strategies to cater for the cultural needs of your students
- The ability to earn the respect of your students and their families through your exceptional rapport building skills
- The adaptability, resilience and perseverance to maintain professional standards and a positive attitude in challenging circumstances
Joining the team at Cloncurry State School will see you become part of a supportive and flexible team, truly dedicated to supporting the children of Cloncurry with their educational outcomes.
What's in it for you?
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps and finding yourself immersed in a rich culture, we also offer a range of additional benefits, including:
- A highly attractive remuneration package, generous superannuation, salary sacrificing options and leave loading
- Considerable relocation assistance
- Air-conditioned and inexpensive accommodation (subject to availability, upon application)
- Access to a range of additional benefits through our Remote Area Incentive Scheme (RAIS)
Above all, as a teacher in Cloncurry you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and work with a management team who are genuinely invested in helping you plan for, and achieve, your career trajectory goals. Whether you have your sights set on a senior teaching role or a school leadership opportunity, with exceptional and tailored professional development opportunities, you will be enabled to accelerate your chosen pathway.
Teaching in Queensland:
The department is responsible for the delivery of quality education services to all Queensland students in state schools and recognises teachers and their commitment to teaching through a range of rewards and benefits. To find out more CLICK HERE.
How to apply:
Simply click the Green 'Apply online' button below, enter your personal details and as per the School's request, applicants are required to submit:
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- Contact details for 2 referees (One of whom is your current or most recent supervisor. If you have previously held a teaching role it is expected that your referees hold a supervisory/leadership role within the school)
- Pre-service teachers are advised to include any completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, and unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
**Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the Department of Education reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found.**
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Applicants are to apply online. Applications may be used to fill other similar vacancies and will remain current for up to 12 months. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: