Personal Assistant - General Manager
- Flexible work options available
- Cloncurry, Queensland, Australia
- New and diverse role
Ernest Henry Mining is a copper and gold mining and processing operation located 38 kilometres north east of Cloncurry in North West Queensland and forms a critical part of Glencore’s integrated Queensland Metals Business. Ernest Henry Mining believes in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being. Glencore offer highly competitive remuneration packages, inclusive of above market superannuation, professional development opportunities, discounted health care and an employee rewards program. Learn more about Ernest Henry Mining at .
Reporting to the General Manager Ernest Henry Mining, this role will primarily perform duties in line with the requirements of the General Manager, whilst dually support the administration function of the on-site Human Resources team.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Assisting to schedule meetings, site visits, inspections, travel and other activities;
- Liaising with staff and external customers providing timely responses;
- Monitoring incoming telephone calls, e-mails and mail despatching to the appropriate personnel;
- Reviewing financial data and the collation and analyses of statistics for management department reports;
- Assist in planning and organising employee events; and
- Provide high level administrational support to the HR team.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree (Business Administration, HR, Finance, or similar) highly desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Office);
- Advanced confidentiality skills;
- A high degree of motivation and initiative;
- The ability to problem solve and able to work both in a team environment and independently;
- Current manual driver licence; and
- Knowledge of the Ellipse, Concur and Bsafe systems would be an advantage however training will be provided;
- Competitive remuneration package, including local living allowances and 13% superannuation;
- Outback lifestyle with flexible roster options available;
- Opportunity to work within a top tier multinational resources company;
- Fantastic professional development opportunities with Professional External Education Assistance, leadership development programs, Ambassador Programs and more; and
- Benefits program including discounts with health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Glencore Rewards, salary sacrificing and Recognition and Rewards Programs.
It is company expectation that internal applicants will discuss their interest with their manager prior to submitting an application.
For further information, please contact: Peter Mclean, Lead Human Resources Advisor (07) 4769 4440.
Applications Close: Sunday, 11th April 2021.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: