- 8/6 roster
- Cloncurry, Queensland, Australia
- 13% Superannuation
Ernest Henry Mining is a copper and gold mining and processing operation located 38 kilometres north east of Cloncurry in North West Queensland and forms a critical part of Glencore’s integrated Queensland Metals Business. Ernest Henry Mining believes in the value of our people and our approach fosters the highest level of professionalism, ownership and entrepreneurial spirit in all our people, while never compromising on their safety and well-being. Glencore offer highly competitive remuneration packages, inclusive of above market superannuation, professional development opportunities, discounted health care and an employee rewards program. Learn more about Ernest Henry Mining at .
Reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor, you will form an integral part of the Laboratory team by safely providing high quality laboratory services that are vital to the ongoing success of the Ernest Henry Mining operation.
Key responsibilities will include
- Manual sampling and moisture analysis of copper concentrate;
- Preparation of samples (crushing/splitting/pulverising) for wet chemical assay;
- Performing acid digestion and potentiometric titration;
- Complete wet and dry screen sizing, cyclosizing and perform laser particle sizing of samples;
- Perform XRD analysis and assist with the operation of an Avio 500 ICP-OES;
- Perform QA/QC checks, collate and report data to customers;
- Calibration and troubleshooting of laboratory instruments; and
- Perform consumables stocktake, ordering and sample archiving.
- An overriding commitment to safety and the ability to perform in the role while behaving in line with the Glencore Values;
- Certificate IV or higher in Laboratory Techniques or similar relevant qualifications;
- Manual Driving Licence;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a laboratory, with experience in line with the responsibilities outlined above;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite;
- The ability to troubleshoot and develop practical solutions to problems; and
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Competitive remuneration package, including local living allowances and 13% superannuation;
- Opportunity to work within a top tier multinational resources company
- Fantastic professional development opportunities with Professional External Education Assistance, leadership development programs, Ambassador Programs and more; and
- Benefits program including discounts with health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Glencore Rewards, salary sacrificing and Recognition and Rewards Programs.
For further information, please contact: Craig Andrew, Senior Metallurgy Advisor on (07) 4769 4658.
Applications Close: Thursday, 22nd April 2021.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: